Vegan French Onion Dip
By: Crunchmaster, courtesy of Caitlin Shoemaker on From My Bowl
- Crunchmaster® Simply Olive Oil & Sea Salt Tuscan Peasant Crackers
- Crunchmaster® Roasted Garlic Multi-Seed Crackers
- Baking & Spices
- ½ tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1. Finely dice the Onion, then and add it to a large non-stick pot with a splash of Vegetable Broth. Sauté the Onion and Vegetable Broth together over medium-high heat. Sauté the Onions as you normally would in the pan, but let all of the Vegetable Broth evaporate. Let the Onions “sit” in the pan for 10-20 seconds without liquid, then “deglaze” the pan using a splash of Vegetable Broth. Repeat this process until all of the Vegetable Broth has been used, and the Onions are tender and dark brown.
- 2. Add 1/2 cup of the Caramelized Onions to the blender with the Soaked Cashews, Tofu, Garlic Powder, Nutritional Yeast, Worcestershire Sauce, and Salt. Blend everything until smooth and creamy, then transfer into a bowl and fold in the remaining Caramelized Onions.
- 3. Place the dip in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, to allow it to thicken and set. Top with fresh Parsley and Black Pepper, and serve with Crunchmaster® Crackers. Leftovers will last in the fridge for up to 10 days.