Skip to main content
Back to main navigation
Crab Cakes with Creamy Cocktail Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of finely crushed Crunchmaster® Sea Salt Multi-Grain Crackers
- 16 oz. crab meat, picked over and flaked
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced green onions, white and green parts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, use divided
- Several dashes of hot sauce, use divided
- 1/4 cup cocktail sauce
- Oil & Vinegars
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Baking & Spices
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Combine crabmeat with ¼ cup Crunchmaster® Sea Salt Multi-Grain Salt Cracker crumbs, eggs, green onions, ¼ cup mayonnaise, lemon juice, 4 or 5 dashes of hot sauce, salt and pepper, mix well. Pour remaining cracker crumbs into a dinner plate or shallow bowl.
- Shape crab mixture into 12 cakes using ¼ cup mixture for each cake. Coat the crab cakes with cracker crumbs, lightly pressing the crumbs into the cakes. Place crab cakes on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until butter is melted. Cook the crab cakes in batches (do not overcrowd the pan) for 3 – 4 minutes per side or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Whisk together the remaining ¼ cup mayonnaise with the cocktail sauce and 3 or 4 dashes of hot sauce.
- Serve the crab cakes with the creamy cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.