Skip to main content
Back to main navigation
Grilled Beet Chicken Kebabs with Avocado
- 1 cup Crunchmaster® Sea Salt Multi-Grain Crackers, finely ground
- 4 fresh large beets
- 2 tsp. fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, quartered
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Oil & Vinegars
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Cooking spray
- Baking & Spices
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1 lb. boneless chicken tenders
- 2 tbsp. sweet fruit salsa
- Heat grill to medium heat. Soak eight 6-inch wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Coat one side of a large piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place beets and 3 Tbsp. of oil on foil; season with sea salt and pepper. Wrap foil over beets. Place beet packets on the grill; cook for 30 minutes or until beets are tender.
- Meanwhile, dip chicken tenders into 2 Tbsp. olive oil, then drench in Crunchmaster® Sea Salt Multi-Grain Crackers. Place tenders onto soaked skewers; grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend feta, yogurt, mint, and balsamic vinegar until smooth.
- Remove beets from the grill; cut into 1 inch chunks; gently toss with feta mixture, red onion, sea salt and pepper.
- Transfer kebabs to a serving dish with prepared beets. Serve with a side of diced avocado with salsa.